Yelp landed in the Android Market a few weeks ago and like all good apps, they are continuously updating it. Yelp just released version 1.2 which includes many new features to improve on the very basic first app released.
What is Yelp?
Yelp is an online urban city guide that helps people find cool places to eat, shop, drink, relax and play, based on the informed opinions of a vibrant and active community of locals in the know. Yelp is the fun and easy way to find, review and talk about what’s great â€” and not so great â€” in your world.
You just create and an account and then you can see reviews about any of the places you are interested in. Be sure to give back to the Yelp community by writing reviews of your own.
What features are new in Yelp 1.2?
- The ability to log into your Yelp profile (I said the original app was very basic)
- The ability to take and upload photos from your phone directly to Yelp.com
- The option to Share information about a business with friends via SMS, email, Facebook and other mediums
Some Yelp Facts:
- Yelp was founded in 2004 to help people find great local businesses like dentists, hair stylists and mechanics
- As of November 2009, more than 26 million people visited Yelp in the past 30 days
- Yelpers have written over 8 million local reviews, over 85% of them rating a business 3 stars or higher
- In addition to reviews, you can use Yelp to find events, special offers, lists and to talk with other Yelpers
- Every business owner (or manager) can setup a free account to post offers, photos and message her customers
The Yelp 1.2 Android app is a free download available on the Android Market.
Filed Under: Reviews
About the Author: Justin is the owner of SimplyDroid. He is passionate about all types of Android phones especially the Motorola Droid.