Unregistered

What to do if getting message 'insufficient storage available' on Android phone?

Having issue from last three days, getting every time if downloading any app on my phone. Although i have more than 100 MB free on my system, still getting this message. What to do? Any help!!

arvindlakra21 arvindlakra21 is on a distinguished road

Re: What to do if getting message 'insufficient storage available' on Android phone?

Dear friend,
    Android device with low internal space usually encounter insufficient storage available message.To resolve the issue you need to clear data/cache for all apps in Application manager.Go to settings-------------->Applications---------------->Manage applications---------->Select All tab---------->Open each application------>Clear data/cache---->Now restart device.If the issue is not resolved then delete unwanted data from internal storage.Also try to move some apps from internal storage to external SD card with the help of App 2 SD application available on play store.Install only those apps which are of daily use to you.These all steps will help in resolving the issue.
    Regards,
    Arvind

sai charan sai charan is on a distinguished road

Re: What to do if getting message 'insufficient storage available' on Android phone?

Hello friend,

I will help you to solve your problem don't worry just follow as i say.

1.There is some thing which you need to know that is google play store allows only 20mb sized app to be downloaded.

2.Rest all apps can't be downloaded.

3.If you want to download them you will need to root your phone.

4.Make sure that if you root your phone you will lose your warranty period of your phone.

5.If not if your problem is below 20mb file is not getting downloaded then try changing your sim card and try with some speed network.

6.If possible just try to use WIFI.

All the best......................

G.Karthick G.Karthick is on a distinguished road

Space problem mainly causes because of presence of caches you need to clear caches as these caches fill space for no use,go to
    settings->applications->manage applications->all tab->messages\apps->clear caches
    then you won't have this problem also scan for virus it also causes this type of problem
    use some standard antivirus to clean it

C.Selvam C.Selvam is on a distinguished road

Hi friend,
    You are having 100MB free and still you cannot download other apps from the market...Ok dude,download the apps from the PC as .apk file and install it in your mobile..
    If there are internal storage,go to Menu-->Settings-->Applications-->Manage Applications-->Select the app-->Clear cache of the apps...
    Move the applications from the phone memory to SD using "Apps 2 SD" app...
    Delete Unwanted apps and messages in your mobile

Thank you!!!

Simon

I had the same issue. But I fixed it.
    I used the app "cache clear" from Google play. It clears all he caches available, and freed up over 300MB.
    Once this was done, I could update and install again.
    Much easier that the other ways.

avikiit avikiit is on a distinguished road

Hello buddy...
    Its a simple problem you may solve the problem easily..
    Just do as follows:
    Go to menu>>Then choose Settings>>Applications>>Manage application >>All tabs>>Clear Cache
    Then you have to restart your Phone..

Solved..

Lilabati Lilabati is on a distinguished road

If you get such messages "insufficient storage available" then you are to check your phone if there is any overloaded problem you are to delete few old messages.And there by you are create space for the purpose.

Go to settings application clear messages clear caches,then further you will not face such problems.Sometimes these irregularities may happen due to power crisis or virus problem you are to see that your antivirus app.is working ok,otherwise install newly.

Thank you,

tarungupta_16 tarungupta_16 is on a distinguished road

Smile Re: What to do if getting message 'insufficient storage available' on Android phone?

================================================== ================

Hi friend,
    Hope you are in good health and good state of mind!
    It's always a treat and fun to answer your queries.
    I also appreciate the confidence that you have shown in us!

See,you just now told that your phone has 100 MB free.
    The reason why you are getting this message is because you must be trying to download an app that is bigger than 100 MB in size.
    Since an app bigger than 100 MB cannot be accommodated by your phone due to shortage of memory,that is why it is showing this error again and again.
    See,I will suggest you to either increase the phone memory by using another memory card of larger capacity.
    Another option that you have in order to increase the memory is o delete all the things that you do not need but they are lying as a waste in your phone.
    Delete old messages that are not important,remove the songs that you don't listen to and all those videos that you have 100's of times!

I hope I have answered all your doubts.
    It was a pleasure answering your queries.
    Hope that you'll come up with some more challenging queries!
    Till then,take care.
    Bye!

lakshmina26 lakshmina26 is on a distinguished road

Change the settings of your phone in respect of storage.
    1. Go to the main screen then press for menu and then go to the settings.
    2. Select the SD & phone storage, there check for storage and if it will show like full memory, like this- from there onwards the real process begins.
    3. Then go on for applications--manage applications--there select and look in which app the data storage will be high, if you feel that this data will be un-useful then go for that app and clear for all the cache memory.

You can also look the practical method in the following video content:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeU6g3EHXRM

OR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8tEwlEmYGQ

Thanks

rkb01 rkb01 is on a distinguished road

I suggest you to go for Factory Reset.Once your phone gets reset then all the problem will be solved then there would be no such messages.But before you proceed it is advisable to take backup because if you don't take backup will loose all the contacts,messages,apps etc.So,once you take then can proceed for that open the "Settings" on menu page.After that will find an option as "privacy" tap to open.Once done then will see an option as "Factory Data Reset".Simply tap on that & phone will be reset.Once you perform reset all the problem will be solved.

AASHISH SAINI AASHISH SAINI is on a distinguished road

as you know my dear friend that your phone is provided with limited internal memory and to increase the memory you have to use external sd card.so if your phone is showing insufficient memory then it is clear that your internal memory is almost full.you should try to free some memory by deleting all unnecessary apps or moving them to your sd card.otherwise you can use your sd card as your default memory location.
    So good luck!!1

Unregistered

If you are having this problem when you want to install apps that you have previously uninstalled. you can try this:
    1. Root your phone, and use any file manager that can go to root of your phone.
    2. Go to data/app
    3. find file with ODEX extention that related to the apps you previously uninstalled
    4. Delete the ODEX file
    5. Try to download the app again

satyavivek satyavivek is on a distinguished road

Cool Re: What to do if getting message 'insufficient storage available' on Android phone?

Hello Friend;

To resolve this problem you have to follow my instructions because now you have to reset your phone.
    Resetting your phone is only way to resolve this problem as I also faced the same problem with my phone

The steps are as follows;
    1. First goto "Settings"
    2. Then goto "Privacy"
    3. Then click on "Factory Data Reset" and this will reset your phone
    4. Now check your Internal Memory and you can find more memory available.

HAVE A NICE DAY..........................

rocks4u rocks4u is on a distinguished road

HELLO DEAR,

Don't worry, let me help you to rescue from this problem :

>>> Go to settings by launching menu,

>>> After this tap on application,

>>> select manage application option,

>>> Select all apps shown and go for menu

>>> There you clear the cache memory and restart your phone.

If problem persists then reset your phone by going in settings and tap on PRIVACY option. Inside that select option of FACTORY REST.

THANKS FOR POSTING QUERY..........

PLEASE VISIT AGAIN...........

MECHANICAL REACTION MECHANICAL REACTION is on a distinguished road

Hello Sir,

I think that there is only the distance of following information in between you and your query.
    So my suggestion to you is that you simply have to cover this distance by simply following as::::>>>>

***Go to the menu.

***Tap on the settings.

***Then tap on the apps.

***Then on the manage apps.

***There select all the apps.

***Then clear the cache memory.

I am sure that you will get the solution.

Thank You.

BadBBilly BadBBilly is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    If you are having this problem when you want to install apps that you have previously uninstalled. you can try this:
    2. Go to data/app
    3. find file with ODEX extention that related to the apps you previously uninstalled
    4. Delete the ODEX file

Cheers for this, i have been trying out different ideas from others forums, e.g: making sure the .apk file is removed from \system\aps, noone ever mentioned about the ODEX ext ( or if they did i bloody missed that comment)

Your solution worked perfect!!! you deserve a BEER!!

Thanks
    Billy

Unregistered

Angry Re: What to do if getting message 'insufficient storage available' on Android phone?

My tab has plenty storage space but it still tells me insufficient storage.. please i need help...

AKSHAY316 AKSHAY316 is on a distinguished road

Steps for fixing this problem:
    • Go to main menu
    • Select "Settings"
    • Select"Applications"
    • Click "Manage application"
    • Select"All tabs"
    • Click "Clear Cache"

super.1 super.1 is on a distinguished road

Steps to solve this problem:
    • Go to menu and click on "settings"
    • Now choose "Applications"
    • Then click on "Manage Applications" option
    • Now choose "All" tab and select messages/ apps
    • Now click "clear data/cache" option
    • Restart your device now

sandeeprawat sandeeprawat is on a distinguished road

Hello Friend,

This might be Operating System issue in your device.
    So for solving this issue try my given suggestion's:-

===>First of all remove Memory card from your device and perform Formatting process.
    ===>Create a backup before formatting.
    ===>Now Restore your device to its factory settings.
    ===>After that Try to install App again.

This time you will get proper response.
    Thank you......

Unregistered

Cool Re: What to do if getting message 'insufficient storage available' on Android phone?

Quote Originally Posted by unregistered View Post
    if you are having this problem when you want to install apps that you have previously uninstalled. You can try this:
    2. Go to data/app
    3. Find file with odex extention that related to the apps you previously uninstalled
    4. Delete the odex file

that worked 100% thank you very much !!!!

Rekha Rekha is on a distinguished road

If you get this kind of mail messages "lack of storage space offered" well then, your in order to look at the telephone should there be every overloaded challenge you will be to rub out couple of old messages.And now there on your part tend to be build space for that purpose.

Go to configurations application crystal clear mail messages crystal clear caches,subsequently further more you won't confront this kind of problems.Sometimes all these irregularities may occur on account of electrical power turmoil or perhaps malware challenge you will be to see that a person's antivirus app.is doing the job ok,normally install newly.
    I suggest you to consider Manufacturing plant Reset.Once a person's telephone will get recast subsequently all the challenge will likely be resolved subsequently there's be zero this kind of messages.But prior to proceed you need to take copy mainly because should you not take copy can free all the contacts,mail messages,apps etc.So,once you take subsequently may proceed for this open the actual "Configuration settings" in list page.After which will obtain an solution because "level of privacy" dive into in order to open.Once accomplished subsequently will see a choice because "Manufacturing plant Details Reset".Simply dive into in that & telephone will likely be reset.Once you complete recast all the challenge will likely be solved.

you will find oh my gosh companion that a telephone is supplied together with restricted memory also to boost the ram work with exterior sd card.so if your telephone is featuring lack of ram it is crystal clear that a memory is nearly full.you need in order to no cost quite a few ram by means of wiping out almost all unwanted apps or perhaps shifting these phones a person's sd card.otherwise you need to use a person's sd minute card when your go delinquent ram location.

singla420 singla420 is on a distinguished road

Dear Sir....

There are some steps to solve your issue.....

1. Go to menu....

2. Then settings...

3. After then application...

4. Then manage app...

5. After then clear the cache of all app....

Restart the device....

6. You can download a app ...

-- App2SD --> This app clear cache also....

Thank You...

chattycathy

I have the same issue. I am trying to transfer my switch my storage from my internal memory onto an sd card to free up space. But it is taking so long to do. How long could this take?

abhijeet2015 abhijeet2015 is on a distinguished road

Hi................,

Suggestions --------------->
    * You need to download the memory cleaner app.
    * This app will clean all non important files.
    * Also see that you must maintain space in internal memory.
    * Delete video files and apps to maintain the space.
    * Visit the settings> Storage > Apps and see the current remaining storage.
    * Make sure that device should be free from all virus data/file.
    * Have the antivirus in device always to save the device.
    * Antivirus must be purchased and virus definitions must be updated.
    * Do less use of the Bluetooth and wifi in device as it bring virus.
    * Memory in device should not be over loaded or near to full.
    * Increase the RAM in device to get the better performance.
    * Also maintain the space in the memory of the device.
    * Perform the memory cleaner app to clean the memory of the device.
    * Device software must be in updated format.
    * Use fast net connection for this update.
    * Have the backup of all important file and folder and also of internal settings.

Thanks
    Abhijeet

chandan gupta chandan gupta is on a distinguished road

dear friend;

you are facing problem due to low internal memory space not sd card .

follow these instructions given as below to solve your problem....

* move picture, videos ,song from internal to sd card.

* install application move to sd card.

* uninstall unnecessary application.

* clear the CACHE of all application.

* use antivirus application for virus protection .

thank you.....

Shweta Shweta is on a distinguished road

To solve this problem

you have to clear the memory storage space to get the sufficient space available to apps to get installed

may use Uninstaller app or ccleaner to delete the unwanted app from your device.

may delete the caches and cookies from your devices as:
    menu >> settings >> application >> manage application>> open the app >> clear caches from it.

get installed an antivirus to your devices and scan the device .

Manjit malik Manjit malik is on a distinguished road

Hello sir,
    Follow these steps to solve your problem
    1. First go to main menu
    2. Then go to setting
    3. Then tap on " application " option
    4. Then tap on " manage app " option
    5. Then select the app
    6. Then uninstall some app
    7. Then make some free space and your problem will be solved
    thank you.

+ Reply to Thread