Unregistered

Connection lost when trying to upgrade firmware (KIES) on my Galaxy S

Every time I try to update my Galaxy S through Kies (big orange button) the phone disconnects and Kies loses connection. I have the latest version of Kies installed (2.0.3.11082_152) on Windows 7. Anyone else experienced this? I tried reinstalling and even on a different PC. How to fix it?

arvindlakra21 arvindlakra21 is on a distinguished road

Re: Connection lost when trying to upgrade firmware (KIES) on my Galaxy S

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Every time I try to update my Galaxy S through Kies (big orange button) the phone disconnects and Kies loses connection. I have the latest version of Kies installed (2.0.3.11082_152) on Windows 7. Anyone else experienced this? I tried reinstalling and even on a different PC. How to fix it?
    If u r using a USB data card like Photon or Net connect for net connection,then i will tell u that Kies software is not compatible with them.Kies requires a stable lan connection then only it proceeds with process of update.If u r having a lan connection for internet then it might u need to check wether USB cable is not damaged and battery is 100% charged.M8 u did not tell if ur PC has Windows 7 32bit or 64bit version.Check Kies compatibility with WIN 7 32bit as well as 64bit.Last solution would be to visit ur nearest Samsung service center and get ur device updated.Hope i helped.

nis_sd nis_sd is on a distinguished road

Re: Connection lost when trying to upgrade firmware (KIES) on my Galaxy S

Hi friend,

galaxy1.jpg

>>>Make sure that your internet connection is working fine

>>>Make sure that your data cable is in good condition

>>>Make sure that your battery is fully charged

>>>Make sure that your phone is switch on

>>>Make sure your data plan is not over

>>>Make sure that you have installed the kies version compatible with windows 7

>>>Hope so this information helps you

Thank You

+ Reply to Thread