Unregistered

Which is the best app available for keeping track of Data Usage in Android phones? How to use it?

I am really worried with my data usage in Android phone because I don’t know when I use to update the data plans and it crosses the date where I end up paying more from my balance. So I just need to know if there is some app available for keeping track of Data Usage in Android phones? How to use it?

Support Support is on a distinguished road

Re: Which is the best app available for keeping track of Data Usage in Android phones? How to use it?

We have moved into a time where no one can use a Android phone without data usage, as it is one of the daily needs it's much important to be aware of how to keep track of the Data usage with the various plans given by the end operator.

Now if you are a Android ICS user then you don’t need to bother of installing any third party apps at all because ICS comes with the inbuilt feature where you can moderate and take care of the data usage on the go. Now to do this just follow the simple steps given below,

STEP 1: Go to the main setting page from the Android OS menu.
    STEP 2: Under Wireless & Networks -> you have an option called as “Data Usage”.
    STEP 3: Select the option -> you can enable the data from here by simply dragging the Mobile data option to On.
    STEP 4: Once the mobile data is on you will see another option popping down where you can Select the “Set Mobile data Limit”.
    STEP 5: Select the checkbox -> once you do it you will have the option of selecting the “Data Usage Cycle” where you can select the month cycle.
    STEP 6: And in the below Graph you can set the threshold level for the data usage which is a Warning sign when it moves to the required data limit.
    STEP 7: You can also scroll down the windows to see how much each apps have consumed the data and so on for being more cautious in the next cycle.

This is how you can carry out monitoring the data usage in Android ICS mobile phone but for the users of the previous versions have to install a third party app to do the same. One of the best app to carry out this is called 3G Watchdog which is available from your Google Play and it is for free too.

You can do the same things as mentioned above with the help of this app and there are some advanced options removed from this app which you can very well buy it if you need for 3$ extra.

rkb01 rkb01 is on a distinguished road

Re: Which is the best app available for keeping track of Data Usage in Android phones? How to use it?

You should know that you can easily enable or disable Data Usages.To do that first you should go to Settings in menu.Then open that & above will see Wireless & Networks.You should tap to open that,once open then drag to below there will find an option denoted as Mobile Network.Simple open that & above will see Data packet Usage.Near by that will see check box you should tap that if mark disappear it means you have disable the data use & again tap to enable the data.You will see no data sign in notification bar if you disable that.To track the data usages you should install Onavo Count Data Manager.You can install this app from Google Play Store.This app is one of the best app to control the data.This app will let you know everyday that how much data you have used,also you can block the data usage as pee your need.This app provide so many coll features.So,install the app & track your data.

adi_netgenie adi_netgenie is on a distinguished road

there is NO NEED OF AN APP to track the date usage !!
    you can check your Data Usage from the Default Settings

Follow these steps to track your data Usage ==>>>

1.Wireless networks
    2.Mobile Networks
    3.Data Usage
    4.Select the Sim for which you want to know the data usage (this step is applicable for multi-sim phones)

You can also download following apps from android market to track your data usage===>>

-My Data Manager
    By Mobidia Technology

-Data Usage

By sigterm

-Data counter widget

By Roy Solberg

-Data Usage Defender-Efficiency
    By WALI

chowdary chowdary is on a distinguished road

The best apps available for keeping track data usage in android phones are:

--> Data Usage

--> Data Counter Widget

--> My Data Manager

--> Data Usage Defender - Efficiency

--> Onavo count Data Manager

These are some of the apps used to keep track of data usage.

Hope it helps u.

sai charan sai charan is on a distinguished road

Hello friend,

I will help you to solve your problem don't worry just follow as i say.

I am listing out some of the names of the apps.

1.ZD box

2.Data counter widget.

3.Onave count data manager.

etc,.........

I will explain one of the functioning among these apps.

1.ZD box it is an all in one app in which you can not only check the data usage you can also set the limit to your data.

2.Not only that there are several applications in that they are Cache clearer,Battery saver,lock apps,etc,..............

3.All you need to do is just tap on the app and it gets opened up and you can now select the data usage option by tapping on it.

4.Now you will be able to see the data consumed by you and you can set a certain data limit of your phone usage.

All the best.....................

C.Selvam C.Selvam is on a distinguished road

Hi friend,
    Some of the apps that i recommend to track the data usage of the android devices are:

1.Data Counter Widget

2.Onavo Count

3.Data Counter Widget

4.My data Manager

5.Net Counter

6.dodol Phone

rocks4u rocks4u is on a distinguished road

Hello Dear,

Here is a list of best apps which tracks your data usage :

>>>> dodol Phone

>>>> My data Manager

>>>> Data Counter Widget

>>>> Net Counter

>>>> Onavo Count

Thanks for posting....

Happy to Help you......Please visit again.......

Hifriend, Hifriend, is on a distinguished road

* There are many apps available which helps to keep tracking od data usage in mobile phones....!

* They are as follows...

* My Verizon

* myAT&T

* 3G watch dog

* My data manager

* Onavo Count

* dodol phone

* Datacounter widget

* Netcounter

* The best among these is according to me , 3G Watchdog

* This is a free app available from Android market....

* You can download and install it your phone to keep track of data usages..

* It uses raw data from the phone to count data usage.

* After installing the app, set the quota, billing cycle and alert settings in the app.

* Once it starts collecting data, a table will appear on the main screen..

* This table will show your data usage...!!!

* You will also have a new icon in notification bar with changing colors depending on how close your quota is going to be reached....

* It also has a simple widget that provides usage data at a glace for you...!

* So you need not worry for paying more than your balance...! use this app and enjoy ...!!!
    3g-watchdog.jpg

smss smss is on a distinguished road

Hello friend,

Here i am listing some of the apps which are used to keep tracking of data usage of your pone.
    1.3G watch Dog.
    2.Onavo.
    3.My data manager.
    4.ios.
    5.Onavo extend.
    6.Data man.
    7.My data usage pro.
    8.ZD box.

Have a nice day.................

G.Karthick G.Karthick is on a distinguished road

Well your problem here is easily served by android firmwares,as the latest androids are coming with good options for solving this problem,all you need to do the following
    1.menu
    2.setting
    3.wireless and networks
    4.Select Data usuage
    5.Select option from here
    6.Now "ON" the mobile data option
    7.After this process,another window will open
    8.click "set Mobile data limit"
    9.click checkbox
    10.click data usuage cycle
    11.select month cycle
    12.now you can fix some value which will be noted as dead line
    from now onwards you can see the usuage
    some of the apps like
    1.onavo
    2.3g watch dog
    3.my data manger
    4.my verizon
    5.netcounter
    etc
    these apps will be installed from playstore,so that we can use them

lekha207@sasi.ac.in lekha207@sasi.ac.in is on a distinguished road

hi friend,

best apps available for keeping track of data usage in android phones:

1.onavo

2.dataman

3.my dta usage pro

4.data usage

5.ios native data usage feature etc.................

all the best
    regards srilekha

AASHISH SAINI AASHISH SAINI is on a distinguished road

my dear all the simple thing that you have to do to download and install an application that can give all the track of your data.and there are a lot of these type od applications that you can locate you in the play store and i am telling you about few of them. There are onovo count,net counter,my data manager etc.these are the best that i have used so far. However you can discover many more out there.
    So good luck!!!

Manjit malik Manjit malik is on a distinguished road

Hello sir, List of best app avail- able for keeping track of data usage in android phone »» Data usage »» My data manger »» Onavo »» Zd box »» My data usage pro »» Dataman »» Net counter »» 3g watch dog thank you.

MECHANICAL REACTION MECHANICAL REACTION is on a distinguished road

Hello sir,

I am going to you a simple procedure to enable or disable the data usage on your device.

You just have to follow me as below::::::::::::>>>>>>>>

First of all turn on your device.

Now tap on the main menu from the home screen.

After that tap on the settings option.

Here in the settings you have to navigate at the wireless and network settings.

After that tap on the network settings.

Then hit click on the data usage.

Then tap on the options.

Here from the options you can easily ENABLE OR DISABLE The data usage on your device.

There are so many apps that you can use for data tracking on your device:::::::::>>>>>>>

*** ONAVO COUNT.

*** 3G WATCH DOG.

*** DATA COUNTER WIDGET.

ETC.

Hope you got the solution to your problem.

All the best.

Thank you.

+ Reply to Thread